Health and Safety Officer
Bardon DC & Homebased
Salary + bonus + benefits
Being the Difference
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Health and Safety Officer. This role will require you to work in a hybrid contract and will require you to be based from our Bardon DC, home and travelling to Belron locations.
Working as the Health & Safety Officer you will support the promotion of health and safety throughout Belron UK Limited (Laddaw & Autoglass) by providing a professional, efficient, value adding and confidential function to the health and safety team and right across the business.
- To support and assist the Health and Safety Manager in the production and an ongoing updating of a detailed H&S manual and the health and safety management system including continuous promotion of safe working practices, H&S Legal compliance and maintaining the preventative management schedules.
- Support the operations teams (supply chain, windscreen repair and replacement teams and other business units to prevent accidents, injuries and work-related illnesses in the workplace
- To support our facilities team in all our new sites and properties in and around the UK
- Assist the H&S Manager to create, implement and maintain health and safety policies in accordance with the latest legislation and to ensure that these policies are implemented by management and employees
- To assist the health and safety manager in providing appropriate health and safety training of all staff in safety issues and advising the business and senior management safety matters. Also to act as a key point of contact for any member of staff who has a query or concern regarding the safety of the workplace
- Assist the Health and Safety Manger in conducting and participating in internal and external Health & Safety External Audits
- Assist the H&S Manager and the business to maintain the company’s OHSAS 18001 certification and demonstrate a clear understanding of the OHSAS 18001 Standard
- To support the H&S Manager to develop and provide with Health & Safety training to all Belron® UK Managers and staff (First Aid, Fire Marshals, IOSH, Accident Incident investigation)
- Monitor compliance of day to day Health and Safety regulatory requirements and flag issues/concerns, and where appropriate escalating to a Senior Manager for investigation and, if required, disciplinary action
- In conjunction with HR, ensure that employee records correctly show personal details in relation to accidents and near misses
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager in the Management Of Road Risk ( MORR) , Accident /Incident investigation and reporting
- Participate in staff consultation forums on Health and Safety matters
- Maintain and update the Safety Organiser a Health and Safety management system
- Will be expected to conduct and document various Risk Assessments
- Ensure Legal Compliance with Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other related health and safety Legislation
- Maintain a good knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace and be able to provide sound H&S advice to Belron UK staff including attending personal development events, and maintaining a log of continuous personal development
- Complete and monitor RIDDOR reports, liaising with the HSE and other external parties as required
- Work with the Belron® Corporate Health and Safety team to ensure Group reporting standards are met.
- Provide a general administrative support to the Health and Safety Manager, at all times ensuring DPA, DDA, Bribery Act and other appropriate legislation is adhered to
- To be able to support the H&S Manager is assessing the Home Workers, Display Screen Users, Lone Workers, Night Shift workers, New and Expecting mothers and carry out other health surveillance as required
What skills will I need to be successful?
- You will hold a NEBOSH General certificate as a minimum qualification
- Qualified in emergency preparedness
- You will need to be a member of the Health and Safety body ie IOSH and hold a current First Aid certificate, Fire Marshal Certificates, current MHE Certificates
- Demonstrate a good understanding of all the health and safety legislation, Codes Of Practice and Approved Codes Of Practice (ACOPS) and ensure business units comply
- Must demonstrate good communication skills by communicating with Regulators (HSE) various EHOs, Insurance Accident Investigators and Departmental Managers
- Must be competent in Managing Contractors and Employers’ Liability claims
- Interested in the organisation’s Continual Improvement and development of good Health and Safety practice
- Able to work unsupervised and pay attention to detail.
- Applicants must have a full, Valid UK driving license and must be flexible to work at locations throughout the UK. This may include overnight stays
- Company car due to travelling
- Generous bonus scheme related to company performance
- Up to 15% pension contributions – based on employee contribution of 5%
- Life assurance policy
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Discounted shopping vouchers & reward platform
Bardon DC & Homebased
Salary + bonus + benefits