Customer Experience Centre Operations Manager - 12 - 18 Months FTC
Cardington Cardington 1 Priory Park,Bedfordshire MK44 3US 52.125293 -0.422286
Cardington - Customer Experience Centre
Salary + bonus + benefits + pension
Customer Experience Centre Operations Manager
We are transforming our business through improved processes, flexible ways of working and a greater use of technology to make a difference to our customers and our people. We are developing super-talented people in our business to be the best; we want to create a great place to work and grow a business we are committed to and feel proud of. We are committed to doing the right things and doing them right; we care about our impact on the environment and are driven on giving back to society. We are determined to keep our business performance health to enable prosperity for all of us.
This role and the role holder are integral to our success.
The part you’ll play in achieving our transformation will be to deliver an outstanding service to our customers by leading a team of highly skilled Customer Experience Team Managers, whilst supporting the Head of Customer Experience Centre (CEC) to drive major transformational change in our customer journey.
An Operations Manager in the Customer Experience Centre is responsible for 6 - 7 Customer Experience Team Managers, themselves managing teams of c. 15-20 Customer Experience Representatives, who could work at a Belron UK Ltd site as well as home-based.
The role includes leadership responsibility for both Customer Experience Representatives who are pivotal in making it the best and easiest customer experience.
Through your strong, collaborative and inspiring leadership, including a relentless focus on delivering outstanding levels of customer service and employee engagement, you will enable us to make a difference with real care to our customers and our people across the business in a variety of locations.
Being a member of the Customer Experience Centre leadership team means supporting consistency and standards across the whole of customer function, as well as ensuring your team is clear on the vital part they play in achieving our strategic plans and priorities. From time to time there will be projects for you to be involved with that support the Customer Experience Centre on specific work activities.
Whilst this role is demanding it’s also hugely rewarding, leading a team to deliver outstanding customer service through inspiring and motivating others.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Create and uphold an environment that puts people’s health, wellbeing and safety and engagement at the forefront.
- Embed ‘Our Responsible Business’ into yours and your teams’ ways of working.
- Be a great leader by inspiring your team of Customer Experience Team Managers, and indirectly our Customer Experience Representatives, to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Lead, train, coach and develop your team in all aspects of their role to become the best version of themselves. Ensure succession planning is in place for all levels.
- Develop and foster a culture of collaborative support through effective team working and communication across teams within the Customer Experience Centre and in the wider business.
- Ensure that customer processes are purposeful and embedded within your team and ensure they are engaged in the new ways of working.
- Contribute to the development of initiatives that may be delivered across the whole of the Customer Experience Centre or Customer Journey, to continually drive improvement and efficiencies.
- Use data such as KPIs and people metrics along-side qualitative insights to help you make good judgements to manage and grow our service.
- Work with the Resourcing Team and CEC Leadership colleagues to ensure we maximise all opportunities to flex our resource effectively to meet customer demand.
- Drive performance improvement initiatives through your team, providing them with regular feedback through methodical reporting mechanisms.
- Manage your areas of responsibility to meet objectives and KPIs, deliver costs in line with agreed budgeted targets, supporting delivery of the overall CEC P&L commitments.
- Deliver conversion, quality, customer satisfaction and sales targets on a weekly/monthly/annual basis.
- Support customer satisfactory and department efficiency through ensuring your teams is in the right place, at the right time, managing key KPIs such as absence, adherence, and productivity.
- Provide regular performance updates to the Head of Customer Experience Centre, both adhoc. and during monthly Business Review Meetings.
- Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and so ensuring that all Customer Experience Team Managers are aware of and actively support all customer plans and initiatives is a must. Engage, demonstrate and inspire their people to deliver our customer commitments, communicating the broader business plans throughout your team.
- Be the face of the Company and set the vision for your team. Ensure effective communication throughout the team using various methods and technology, to make sure your teams are continually updated and engaged.
- Manage escalated customer service issues to a satisfactory outcome for both the customer and Autoglass® and feed back to the relevant people concerned.
- With support from the CEC Compliance and Procedures Manager, ensure your teams are fully compliant with all FCA, GDPR and Legal requirements, including ensuring 100% completion of all Mandatory E-Learnings.
- Be a role model for high standards within the Customer Experience Centre and within your team. Drive new higher standards, promote best practice and support consistency across the Customer Experience Centre.
- We pride ourselves on our great track record for health and safety. Make sure there is a safe working environment for people.
- Conduct engaging and effective one to ones, ensuring you engage with your people on a personal level as well as discussing performance and results. Motivate and lead your people fairly and consistently.
- Be clear about what you expect by setting clear goals for your direct reports. Give them accountability. People generally respond well when they have this; task your people with developing specific, tangible plans that will deliver outstanding performance and support the broader business plans and business strategy.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive leadership experience, preferably from a contact centre environment but not essential
- Strong resource people management experience
- Good understanding of FCA, GDPR and compliance
- Drive and tenacity to meet and exceed stretching sales targets
- Knowledge of contact centre technologies preferred
- Experience of leading a remote workforce an advantage
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop team members
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading through change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to deal with people at all levels
- Analytical skills to interpret data and trends
- Numerical skills to understand financial and budget management
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to collaborate and work well in teams
- Ability to work under pressure, manage your time effectively and work on your own initiative
- A desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills
- Confidence, good business sense and excellent commercial acumen
- The ability to set, meet and exceed targets
- A focused and self-motivated approach to work
- A flexible attitude and the ability to manage change
- Knowledge of CRM (Remedy) and Scheduling (Click) an advantage
- Experience of managing back-office exceptions desirable
- Generous bonus of up to 25% of basic pay, dependent on overall company performance
- Car allowance
- Private medical cover
- Up to 10% pension contributions – based on employee contribution of 5%
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Access to “Love2Save”, our colleague discount platform
Cardington - Customer Experience Centre
Salary + bonus + benefits + pension