Senior Data Project Manager
MK44 3US 52.5789619 -1.2212935
Salary + bonus + benefits
Being the Difference
Here at Autoglass we are recruiting for a Senior Data Project Manager to work on a 24 month FTC.
Who we are
Belron UK Ltd (trading as Autoglass® and Laddaw®) are part of the global Belron® group of companies, the world's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement business. Home to 29,000 employees, Belron operates across over 30 countries and 6 continents to ensure all our customers receive the best quality service.
We are transforming our business through improved processes, flexible ways of working and a greater use of technology to make a difference to our customers and our people. We are developing super-talented people in our business to be the best; we want to create a great place to work and grow a business we are committed to and feel proud of. We are committed to doing the right things and doing them right; we care about our impact on the environment and are driven on giving back to society. We are determined to keep our business performance health to enable prosperity for all of us.
This role and the role holder are integral to our success.
The part you’ll play in achieving our transformation will be to shape and lead the successful delivery of a key programme or portfolio of projects. You will be part of a small but highly skilled Transformation office.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Scope and shape projects and programmes to ensure they are set up for a successful delivery
- Establish appropriate project governance and ensure it is implemented to facilitate excellent decision making
- Ensure projects are appropriately planned, as per guidance from the Delivery Framework and Governance Models
- Work with the Business Functions in justifying, costing, estimating and planning for projects and gaining commitment from all parties to proceed through an agreed business case
- Lead the project team to determine how the deliverables of the project will meet the business need
- Agrees and documents the scope and objectives of projects
- Work closely with Business Functions, other Project Managers, and the Programme Lead to ensure alignment with the Transformation roadmap
- Take full responsibility for the planning of a project or programme, including the definition of the resources required
- Work effectively with the Architects to ensure that the technology and process ‘blue print’ clearly support the IT projects plans
- Manage all aspects of the change, people, process and technology with a particular focus on ensuring a smooth transition into business as usual operations
- Provide financial reporting - budget spend and forecasts, as required
- Establish accurate project forecast estimates
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget and manage expectations of all project stakeholders
- Ensure value from IT and change investments is realised using appropriate measures to assess success against the needs of the Business
- Manage projects and small programmes end to end using the Belron® project methodology in a cross-functional environment
- Estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s), and create a project plan
- Work with project team members to identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks and assign them to the relevant team members
- Actively manage project issues, risks and dependencies
- Ensure that business requirements are developed and translated into project plans
- Ensure that the business case is created and updated (as necessary) throughout the project
- Use appropriate tools and methodologies to track and report against budget and plan
- Liaise with the Project Board and/or relevant stakeholders to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Manage project dependencies, ensuring minimum risk and impact to other IT services
- Conduct preparation for, and co-ordination of, internal and external project reviews
- Ensure that third parties deliver to time, quality and budget (as required) and any deviation is managed accordingly
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged early enough in the project to ensure delivery of a seamless service post implementation
- Assess projects at idea stage to ensure they are viable and will meet defined business benefits
- Ensure the team has the appropriate skills and experience throughout the project, encouraging knowledge transfer between members of the project team.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Significant and demonstrable experience of shaping, leading, managing and successfully delivering complex projects and programmes in fast paced commercial environments
- Professional Project or Programme Management qualifications/certification
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and different delivery approaches (waterfall, agile, hybrid)
- Working with and managing vendors and outsource partners including offshore experience
- Experience of implementing Master Data Management and Data Warehousing initiatives.
- Experience of using AWS S3, Snowflake and Tableau for Data Warehousing and Reporting
- Experience of setting up and implementing Data Governance using specific technologies; Informatica MDM, Axon and EDC
- Extensive data migration experience
- Commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Strong customer focus and expertise in setting and managing customer’s expectations
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, gains understanding and drives decision making and progress.
- Able to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills up to Executive board level
- Proactive, highly self-motivated and directed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Car Allowance or Company Car
- Company bonus scheme
- Up to 15% pension contributions – based on employee contribution of 5%
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Access to our discount & shopping benefits platform with savings on popular brands, holidays, goods etc
Salary + bonus + benefits